Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Egg Roll in a Bowl


 

I have been seeing recipes for this for ages, always looked interesting but just never bought the stuff to try it. I finally did and it was good. All of the recipes were pretty close, so I was able to figure out a basic framework and then changed it to my tastes and you should too.  Lots of ingredients or flavors you cab make your own here.    Very good!
 
1lb ground pork (or use ground meat of choice or even no meat, if you prefer vegetarian)
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 or ????? peeled and chopped cloves of garlic, I used 5 and could have had more, I love garlic
1/2 small head of cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
about 1 cup shredded carrots
(or use a large bag of slaw mix, like I did)
you could use other shredded or chopped vegetables, preferably ones that aren't too juicy or wet
4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp or more sesame oil (I like lots)
about 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
if you like hot stuff, add some chile paste or some crushed red pepper.
In a large skillet or deep wok, lightly brown the ground meat with the onion, when mostly dry, add the garlic and stir fry for a bit, then add the cabbage and carrots/slaw mix, with remaining seasonings. Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage is willed and tender. if you like, you can add some chopped green onions for pretty. Taste for seasoning, adding more anything you feel is lacking. With the soy sauce it probably won't need an extra salt. With rice it makes a full meal. you could also use it to fill a wrap.