Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Brownies

The women I work with have all been chastising me for not posting any recipes that include chocolate.  So here is my special brownie recipe to correct that fault of mine.   I am of the school that likes my brownies very chocolatey and chewey.   None of those cake like things masquerading as a brownie.   I usually don't put nuts in mine, but you can if  you like them that way.   Here you go:

1 cup melted butter
12 tbsp. cocoa
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.   Beat together the melted butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla.   Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder (and nuts if using).   Mix until smooth.   Pour into a buttered 9X13 inch cake pan.     Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick stick in the center comes out clean.   The brownies will also pull slightly away from the edges of the pan.   Cool before cutting into squares.    Enjoy