Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken

I love fried chicken.   I  honestly can say that good fried chicken is probably my favorite food.    But sometimes you want the taste of fried chicken, but without the mess and not quite as greasy as the real thing.    Those times are when I make oven fried chicken.     It is some really good stuff.   Here's  how I do it.

Preheat oven to 425. Melt about 1/4 cup butter. Mix flour with paprika, garlic powder and a bit of poultry seasoning or you can just leave it plain. Pour a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil in the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Roll the chicken pieces in the flour and place in the cake pan. Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the chicken pieces. Bake about 30 minutes, then turn the pieces, bake another 30 minutes and turn again. Allow the crust to crisp up again, about 15-20 minutes. Use the drippings to make gravy.  

Enjoy!