Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Almond Cracker Treats

Last night I had dinner with my old friend Mary.   Mary and I worked together for many years and we are close friends.   Mary fed me a delicious chicken vegetable soup, but she also had this sweet treat to nibble on besides.   It is incredibly easy and incredibly tasty, slight salty and sweet at the same time.   It would make a welcome addition to any holiday table.

48 Keebler Townhouse Crackers
1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar or turbinado sugar

Arrange the crackers on a baking sheet with them touching one another.   Sprinkle the almonds evenly on top of the crackers.   Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sugar.   Bring to a boil and then pour over the crackers.   Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.   Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then break apart.    And as always, enjoy!