Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peach Ice Cream

I recently purchased a new ice cream maker, this one.   I had one like it in the past and loved it, but wore it out.   So I purchased this new model.   It works wonderfully!   I used it to make an awesome peach ice cream today.   I had some very ripe, fragrant peaches that I peeled and crushed with a potato masher, added a cup of sugar and the strained juice of one lemon, making about 1 1/2 cups.   I stirred it well and put in the fridge to chill.   When I was ready to freeze the ice cream, I added 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and mixed it together.   I then poured into the freezer and froze it until it was done, about 20 minutes.   I then put it in a covered container and put in the freezer to firm up for a couple of hours.

To make other flavors, crush your fruit with sugar in the same proportions.   If you are using blackberries or raspberries, I would suggest straining out the seeds.   Blueberries should be simmered with sugar and lemon juice for a few minutes, then chilled.   Strawberries, just need to be crushed with sugar and lemon juice.   Keep the same proportions of cream:    1 part fruit and 1 part heavy cream.