Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Thursday, December 1, 2022

Braunschweiger Dip

If you are a fan of pates or braunschweiger sandwiches, you will love this stuff.   I was served it an an appetizer on Thanksgiving and immediately fell in love.   We were spreading it on crackers, but it would good on just about anything.  I am thinking it would be especially good on some of my onion rye bread, sliced thin and toasted crisp, but no matter what you are eating it on, it is addictive.   But this recipe has been around a long time, I have seen it referenced back in the 1960's and may be even older than that.   Whenever it originated, it needs to be brought back! 


1 lb. good quality braunschweiger, removed from casing

8 oz, cream cheese, softened

1 small onion, peeled and chopped (if you prefer milder onion flavor, use 3-4 cleaned green onions instead)

about 1/2 tsp  garlic powder

1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce 

Place in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until completely smooth,  scrape into a bowl and chill until ready you are ready to eat it.   Some recipes I have seen call for a couple tablespoons of ketchup and I bet a spoonful of horseradish would be good in it, too.