Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Monday, December 28, 2009

Last Day of Christmas Vacation

Finally Christmas is over.   The weekend was quiet, as Aaron and I were pretty much snowed in.   Sunday afternoon I went out and cleaned off our cars enough for him to go home and me to get out this morning.   The plan was to sleep in this morning and then do some housework.   Unfortunately, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that.   About 8:30 I get a call from my older sister Susan.   She is at my Aunt Evenlyn's outside of Wentzville, MO.    Her and her husband are on there way home to Idaho and she was wanting to know the condition of Interstate 70 and also wanted to know if I'd be free to meet them at my younger sister's for supper.  Sure, I said and then gave her my younger sister's cell phone number.   I waited a bit and then called my younger sister to see what the master plan would be.   Grilled hamburgers and fixings.   How about dessert, I asked.   Make caramel pecan rolls and baked beans.    For some reason my family go crazy about my caramel pecan rolls and baked beans.     So off to the store to get the fixings for the above rolls and beans.   Sigh...    I just finished rolling out the rolls and have them rising on their bed of caramel and pecans.   When I get them in oven, then I'll put the baked beans stuff together.    Some time when I think to measure everything out, I'll post my recipe for cinnamon rolls.   A bit later, when I make sure I have all the measurements correct, I'll post my recipe for baked beans.