Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Scalloped Pineapple

This is another recipe I got from someone I worked with a  long time ago.   While I have to admit it isn't one of my favorite dishes, I do recognize that it is well liked and I'm often asked to make it for dinners at work.    It makes a good side dish for baked ham and other pork dishes.   Enjoy!

2 20-oz. cans of pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving the juice
6 tbsp. of reserved juice
3/4 cup white sugar
6 tbsp. flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 tbsp. melted butter
1 1/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers

Place the drained pineapple in a buttered two quart baking dish.   Mix together the sugar, flour and reserved pineapple juice and pour over the pineapple.   Sprinkle the cheese over the pineapple.   Stir the melted butter into the cracker crumbs until moistened, then sprinkle over the cheese.   Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.