Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Garlic Potato Soup

I love making and eating soups.   I like all kinds and make many different kinds.   This is one I came up with on my own and now it is one of my favorites.   Aaron likes it too!

Note: All measurments for this are approximate. I developed this recipe myself and make it by eye.

peel and roughly chop 5-??? cloves of garlic, the more the better
1 onion, peeled and chopped
Saute in about 1/4 cup butter or olive oil, or a mix of the two. Cook until just beginning to color a bit, being careful not to scorch the garlic.

Peel and cube 3-4 potatoes, saute with the onions and garlic a bit, then add about a quart of chicken stock. Simmer until the potatoes are falling apart tender and over half of the stock has evaporated. Blend until smooth, adding half and half or milk until it is thickness you like. Stir in a bit of red pepper and serve with some croutons and a sprinkle of grated cheese (parmesan is great with this).