Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What is your favorite cookbook?

I collect cookbooks and probably have a couple hundred of them.   I especially like collecting ethnic cookbooks    But my all time favorite cookbook, the one I use most often is my 1956 Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book that belonged to my Grandma Casey.   It has notes she's written, as well as recipes she'd collected over the years.   I use this book more than another other.    But any of the Betty Crocker Cook Books are good and I can recommend them all.   Another cookbook author that I highly recommend are the Mexican cook books by Diana Kennedy.   She writes some awesome stuff about all kinds of regional delicacies and besides, her books are always a fun read.    And finally, the Curry Bible, which has a great collection of curry recipes from all over the Far East.   I've given a couple of copies of this book as gifts and all the recipients have loved the recipes in it.

So tell me, what is your favorite cookbook/cookbooks?   Leave comment telling me and my readers about it.   And if you like, tell me why you like it so much.  Looking forward to hearing your opinions.