Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A couple more Jello recipes

As I wrote the other day, I admitted to the world that I do like gelatin salads.  LOL   Here are a couple more that I like to make.

This one is one that I especially enjoy when I'm feeling sick or have had surgery.   It is so very simple and very tasty.    Like my other Jello salads, I like using it for a light summertime dessert.

2 3-oz. packages apricot Jello
2 cups boiling water
3 cups unsweetened applesauce

Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water.   Stir in the applesauce and either place in a shallow serving dish or into small single serving dessert dishes.   Chill a couple of hours until firm.   Top with whipped cream when serving.

Another favorite Jello dish is a bit fancier and quite delicious.   I can never make it without remembering my friend Sue Kinnick.   Sue has been gone 12-15 years now, but when she was still with us she always asked me to make this for her, especially at the end when she couldn't eat much else.   This recipe is for Sue!

1 6-oz package lemon Jello
2 cups boiling water
3 cups pureed mangos
1 pint heavy whipping cream

Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, then stir in the pureeded mangos.    Chill until the gelatin begins to thicken.    At that time whip the cream until stiff, then fold into the thickened Jello and mango mixture.   Spoon into a nice serving dish and  chill until firm.

And as always, enjoy!