Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Sunday, July 1, 2012

Marmalade Glazed Pork Chops

6-8 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste or other seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
5 tbsp. orange marmalade
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. brown mustard
1 tbsp. honey or brown sugar

Lightly oil a frying pan and brown the seasoned pork chops on both sides. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix together the marmalade, vinegar, mustard and honey. Spread over the pork chops and bake at 350 degrees about an hour, or until the pork chops are tender and nicely browned.

I have not tried it, but I'm sure this could easily be done in a crockpot, only in that case I'd use country style ribs instead of loin chops.

You could also substitute another kind of jam for the marmalade.   A good combination would be plum or apricot or pineapple jam, with about 1 tsp. of ground ginger and 1 tsp. of soy sauce.