Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cake Batter Ice Cream



Spring is here and summer won't be too far behind.   I love making ice cream at home and do it a lot.   I have always loved Cold Stone Creamery's cale batter ice cream.  I have some some research to try and find a recipe for making it myself.  Here is ont that comes pretty darned close.   Give it a try!     Oh, the original recipe is very adament to only use Duncan Hines Butter Recipe CAke Mix.   Said that other brands just won't take quite right.  I will take their word for it.
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup dry Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
Dissolve the sugar in the cream and milk, then stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing well.   Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.   Whisk again before freezing the mixture, then freeze as usual.   Allow to ripen in the freezer a couple of hours before serviing.