Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Teriyaki Chicken for Supper

A couple of days ago I asked Aaron what we should have for supper tonight.   He replied very quickly, "chicken teriyaki sandwiches, broccoli and roasted sweet potato wedges."    Sounded good to me, so that is what I fixed tonight.   I must confess though, I was a bit lazy and didn't make my own teriyaki marinade.   I bought a bottle of Kikkoman's Gourmet Teriyaki Marinade and Glaze.  It turned out very tasty too!

I bought two packages of boneless chicken thighs and coated them with the teriyaki marinade and left then in the refrigerator about an hour to soak.    Then I heated my grill and cooked them slowly, being careful not to burn them.   I kept the heat about medium and turned frequently with tongs.     At the same time as I was grilling the chicken, I also placed some slices of fresh pineapple on the grill to cook as well.   When the chicken was nicely browned on all sides and done in the center, I removed to a plate and allowed to stand for a few minutes.   We then ate the chicken and grilled pineapple on sliced rolls I picked up on my way home from work.   It was delicious and Aaron said "Let's have this again!"

To go with the teriyaki sandwiches, I also made some roasted sweet potato wedges.   I chose three small sweet potatoes and washed them well.   Then I cut each into four wedges and placed on a greased baking dish.   Then I sprayed some cooking spray on the wedges and dusted them lightly with some Mrs. Dash.    I think next time instead of the Mrs. Dash I will dust them with just a bit of cinnamon.   Then I baked them at 400 degrees about 40 minutes, until they were very tender and well browned.

Finally, I steamed a bag of broccoli and that was our delicious dinner!   Here's a picture:



There were about 7 pieces of chicken left over.   Tomorrow night I will cut them into cubes and heat gently.   While the chicken is heating, I will steam some mixed vegetables and make a batch of my stir fry sauce (see my entry for Sunday, April 11, 2010).    When the sauce is made, I'll stir in the leftover chicken and steamed vegetables, then eat with rice.   Should be another good meal! 

Enjoy!