Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Monday, December 13, 2010

Cheese Log

I always love when people bring cheese logs to dinners at work.   If it has any kind of cheese involved, I love it.   My friend Kim over at the Kansas City VA hospital, brought one to work today that was exceptionally good.   She sent some home with me and I shared it with some of the other staff  I work with in Topeka.  They all enjoyed it too.   Kim was kind enough to share the recipe with me and now I'm sharing it with  you.   Enjoy!

2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
4 green onions, thinly sliced
6 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix

Mix all together well, form into a log and them roll in chopped pecan pieces.   Serve at room temperature with whole grain crackers.