Search This Blog

Welcome to my Blog 'In The Kitchen With Don'! Thank you for your visit and come back soon!


Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Cherry Angel Delight

I got this from Ruth Ward, a cousin of my dad's, who we always called Grandma.   She and my dad were especially close and we always loved her and spending time with her.  She made this once not too long after we moved to Kansas.   I haven't made it in years, but it is still a very good one!

1 angel food cake, torn into small pieces
1 8-oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups whipped heavy cream or one bowl of thawed Cool Whip
1 can cherry pie filling or other fruit pie filling

Whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar until light, then fold in the whipped cream or Cool Whip.  Fold in the angel food cake pieces, then press the mixture into a serving dish and top with cherry pie filling.   Chill for several hours.